Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Random Acts of Kindness

I got this message this evening on Tumblr: "Do something random. Take a picture of yourself right now. Don't go put on makeup, do your hair, or anything. Just take the picture and I hope you see how beautiful you are."

So I did :

I am always one that criticizes myself, over analyzes every little flaw, sees the imperfections in myself rather than what I like. But this was just another reminder that I shouldn't do that. I should love myself for who I am. Realize that I don't have to wear makeup when I go out to cover up my acne. Realize it is okay that I have gained some weight over these past 6 months. It is people like this anonymous person on Tumblr that sent me this message that honestly make the world a better place.

So I challenge you, to take a picture of yourself. No makeup. No hair done up. No clothes that make you look "skinnier". No angles that make you look "better". Because you are perfect the way you are.

1 comment:

  1. You're so pretty! I should really do this seeing as I hate leaving the house without make-up!

    nicolakirsty.blogspot.co.uk

    P.S. Found you via Tumblr where I am 'soweliveforever'.

    ReplyDelete