Monday, January 7, 2013

Full Body Workout

2013 is going to be my year. How? I am going to make it that way. 2013 is going to be the start of a happier and healthier me. Don't get me wrong, I am so happy with how my life is currently but I also know I do not take care of myself the way I should. I get stressed to easily. Do not exercise enough. My diet consists of mostly carbs. And even with eating mostly carbs and completely unhealthy I rarely make my daily recommended calorie limit. I have horrible sleeping habits. Drink too much caffeine and not enough water. But that is going to change this year and I will not have it any other way.

So today was day one of my exercise plan. Some of my resolutions this year included drinking 64oz of water a day (which I have managed to do so far) and exercise 5x per week. When I was visiting my parents I managed to exercise a couple of days (mostly consisting of Wii Fit or going on walks) but I also ate out every day. But that ends today. My plan is to do a full body workout Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and do light cardio Tuesday and Thursday. Weekends I can have off if I want, but it would be better to work out. However, I am not telling myself I have to work out 7 days a week because I don't want to be disappointed in myself if I do not make a 7 day work out.

So today I ran 3.04 miles outside. Not very fast but I am working up to my old pace again and aiming for longer runs. I am also going to try to run outside more rather than on the treadmill.

Side note: I absolutely love the Nike+ app.

Additionally, I did the following workouts. I am sure in the future I will mix it up a bit so that I am not doing the same exact thing every other day but for now it works for me.

Legs:
4x8 squats with 10 lbs dumbbells.
5 lunges each leg with 10 lbs dumbbell raised above head on one side in between each set of squats.
4x10 calf raises with 10 lbs dumbbells.
5 burpees in between each set of calf raises.
3x25 fire hydrants each leg.
4x8 inner thigh raises.

Arms:
2x10 dumbbell curls (10 lbs)
2x10 push presses (10 lbs)
2x10 tricep kickbacks (10 lbs)
2x10 push ups
2x10 tricep extensions (12.5 lbs)
2x10 butterflies (5 lbs)
2x10 front lateral raises (5 lbs)
2x10 side lateral raises (5 lbs)

Abs:
50 weighted side bends (20 lbs each side)
25 crunches
25 Indian style crunches
25 reverse crunches
25 scissors
50 side crunches (25 each side)
25 V-sit crunches
25 bicycles
25 reverse bicycles
25 hand supported V-sit crunches

So there it is. Here is to a happier and healthier me. Bring it on 2013!

1 comment:

  1. I can see lots of hard work and passion in this article. Thank you for such an incredible and informative blog.
    six pack shortcuts

    ReplyDelete