Monday, January 21, 2013

4 years with my love

Thursday the 17th of January was Spence and my 4 year anniversary. This year was the first year we did not spend it together, but he came up this weekend to celebrate. Saturday we went out to dinner in Waynesville, NC to The Chef's Table. We have been there once before after we got engaged and the food is simply amazing! Not only is the food some of the best I have ever had, they have a huge selection of beer and wine. We ended up getting a bottle of red wine, which we never do, but we felt like being "fancy" because it is a special occasion.We then went back to my apartment and watched the movie "Ted" which neither of us had seen but it was hilarious. Horrible humor but definitely a good watch. Sunday we literally just had a lazy day watching movies all day and cooked breakfast and dinner together. So simple, but it was so perfect for the two of us!

On one hand I can't believe Spence and I have been together for 4 years. On the other hand it feels like so much longer. It is amazing how much we have grown up since we started dating, and how much we have grown together. When we first started dating I never thought I would fall so in love with him, to the point that he is the only person that knows everything about me. He is my best friend, my better half, and just being with him makes me a better person. He is the first person I talk to when I wake up. The last person I talk to before I go to sleep. He is the first person I call when something is wrong. The first person I call when I have good news. It is amazing how two so imperfect individuals can be so absolutely perfect for one another.



No comments:

Post a Comment