Saturday, January 5, 2013

2013

Every year I give myself New Year's resolutions but by the end of the year I always forget what they were. This year it is going to be different. There is a lot of things I need to work on as a person, a lot of areas I need to grow in, and I understand that is not going to happen all in one year, but 2013 is a start. I do not know how many blogs I have had. I always start one saying "this time I will keep up with it" and after a couple weeks I fall behind or it changes into a place for me to vent about things. I want this blog to be a positive place that I actually write about what is going on in my life. My predictions are that most of it will be about school, wedding planning, and health/exercise and I hope that since I set those topics in mind I will stick to them.

This year is going to be about making positive changes in my life and taking better care of myself. Anyone that knows me knows that I am extremely high strung and stress myself out over the smallest of things. I also know how bad stress is for me both physically and mentally and I hope to better be able to control my stress levels this year. I also want to take better care of my health. Drink more water, exercise more regularly, eat healthier, actually take my vitamins. Yes, mostly because I want to be in better shape for the wedding I am in this summer as well as preparing for my wedding next summer, but I also know I will feel better and it is just better for me as a young, healthy person to engage in those behaviors.

I also want to be more grateful, thankful, and strengthen my faith this year. After these past couple weeks with my uncle being in the hospital and myself getting into a car accident I once again realized how much I have drifted from my faith and how much I really need it in my life. I don't know exactly how I am going to approach this, whether it be praying more, going to church more regularly, or starting to read the bible again, but I will figure it out. I know strengthening my faith will make me more whole.

Well I guess this is a good entry for now. Hopefully I will stick to this blog, even if I am the only one who ever reads it.


No comments:

Post a Comment