Monday, February 4, 2013

No Makeup Monday


I started wearing makeup at age 13. Makeup always made me feel prettier and it was always fun to try new techniques. I went to an all girl's high school where I rarely wore makeup because I didn't find it necessary and I would have sports after school all 3 seasons anyways. As I got into college and grad school, I found myself spending more time wearing makeup whether it was to go to class, go to work, or go out on a Friday night. Truth be told though, I would rather not wear makeup. I would rather save the time in the morning and as someone who is prone to acne, even at age 23, I would rather let me skin breathe.

However, when I do not wear makeup I usually look tired. I can't tell you how many times people ask me what is wrong or if I am okay, simply because I am not wearing makeup. My eyelashes are really light and my complexion is horrible because of acne scars. But I am at the point that I am not self-conscious anymore about not wearing makeup.

There are certain occasions where I always definitely wear makeup. Going to work, meeting with clients, when I have an interview or a presentation. But at this point, it is to look more together and awake rather than making myself feel confident. I feel like so many women and girls only feel pretty when they wear makeup. They can hide the imperfections in their skin, make their eyes look bigger, their cheekbones more defined. So I am starting what I like to call "No Makeup Monday". I am going to try to not wear makeup on Mondays for as long as I can. I understand if I have an interview on a Monday or have to meet with a client I will probably end up wearing makeup to look more "put together" but if I have no "real" reason to wear makeup I won't.

For at least one day a week, I will let my pores not get clogged with makeup. I will save time in the morning when I get ready. I will wear my bare face confidently. I am honestly doing this to save time and let my skin have a break from all the cosmetics, but then I decided I would post about it and see if other girls and women want to join in. I feel if done right, this can help women who are self conscious without makeup gain some of their confidence back. I do not know how long I will do this for, I will try to do it all year, maybe longer but I challenge you, if you always hide behind makeup, to do this until you start feeling confident in yourself and realize how beautiful you are without makeup on!

No comments:

Post a Comment