Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Fat Shredder Treadmill Workout

So I know I haven't updated in a while but this is a new workout I have started this week. I am one that prefers to run outside to get a variety of scenery but the weather doesn't always allow me to do that. I also am one that gets bored on treadmills unless I mix it up. I came up with this workout earlier this week and thought I would share. You can definitely feel the burn in your legs as well as will sweat like crazy.

A 130 lb individual will burn about 400 calories in the 35 minutes at using this speed and incline pattern. Obviously depending on your weight you will burn more or less. Additionally I like this workout because you can follow the same incline pattern but put it on a lesser speed if you are a beginner or a higher speed if you are more advanced. For example an individual who is trying to work up to a 10 minute mile could follow this speed pattern: 3.5, 5.5, 5.6, 5.7, 4.2, 4.5, 5.5, 5.6, 5.7, 5.8, 5.9, 6.0, & 3.5.

I promise you will feel the burn and feel very accomplished after this workout. I love it and will continue to do it in my treadmill workouts and work up to higher speeds and in the future greater inclines!

2 comments:

  1. This meal was a bit of a let down and with
    all menus, not everything is perfect! Oh, I did treat myself to a
    serving of dark chocolate with raspberry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am slightly confused Kate, what do you mean "with all menus?"

    ReplyDelete